First of all legislatures like him in both houses, have enacted a law without using their brains and concerns to go into the details how it can affect the life of a juvenile. Now they still wants to continue with a bad policy despite there being public protest for their irresponsible, illegal actions against New Jersey's children.
68 New Providence Rd
RE: Request for Fresh Look at HIB Policy for under 15 yrs old Students
Honorable Gov. Christie, Senator Sweeney and Assemblywoman Oliver:
- They must make age appropriate changes to the HIB policy that has been enforced without due consideration of its repercussions in Elementary and Middle Schools especially to stop its misuse against minorities.
- Every Child must have Miranda Rights that they can not be interrogated in the absence of their parent or attorneys.
- The parent must be informed of the incident in writing by Courier as well as other means of communication. Let it be mandatory that the parent of the accused student must contact in person with in 3 School Days of the incident.
- The investigator must wait for the response of the parent of the involved student in person before interrogating or asking any thing to that Student.
- The parent must be provided with the preliminary investigation report before it is presented to the Board of Education.