- “ Parent of Joshua alleged that Mike and Sumit were within inches of student 1’s ear clapping and saying “hey Joshua” is a lie I never yelled or clapped or said the name of Student 1. It was Student 2 who called the name of Student 1. More over we were standing in a kind of a semi circle I was on the right side of Student 2 and Student 1 was on his left side. I was holding my Saxophone, Student 2 was holding his Saxophone and Student 1 was holding his Sticks so no one was within inches of any one’s ear. Then we were surrounded by other students also and some parents were sitting on the bleachers.
- “Later when Joshua asked to go home the same boys told him he couldn’t go home on the bus with them; he would have to wait for a special bus that would take him home at midnight.” Again it’s a lie I don’t know about this conversation. I am hearing this for the first time unnecessarily my name is being dragged for this comment. I am not at all aware if Joshua and Mike had this conversation.
- “He would be on a “different/special” bus that would be returning “later” than the other FMG band members” There is an addition of extra words by Joshua or may be by his parent or some one else. In my presence the word Different, Returning and FMG band members were not used.
- “Sumit admitted that he went along with the comment because he thought it was funny and cool”. I never admitted to this, the words “funny and cool” Mr. Plias forced me to write on the incident report form on Oct. 19, 2011. I never said these words so the question of my admitting that comment by Mike was funny and cool does not arise. The only thing I told Mr. Plias was that it was just a joke by Mike.
- “when he (Sumit) realized he was bullying, he stopped, moved away and joined his other friends”. This is a complete lie. No such realization came to my mind on Oct. 15. There was no time for me to realize any thing after saying “Yeah there is” because I immediately walked away from Student 1 and Student 2 to join my Band. It was Mr. Plias who told me on Oct. 19 that “Yeah there is” spoken by me is bullying. Till to date I am confused how this is bullying. Mr. Plias told me I have done bullying. He forced me to write in the Incident Report Form that I have done bullying and after realizing I stopped and walked away. It is his own interpretation of my word “Yeah there is” to frame me for bullying. The fact is I left the scene immediately after saying “Yeah there is” to the statement of Mike that “there was a special Bus taking Joshua Home later”.
Read the statement in the Confidential Hearing & provided the copy to the Board Attorney.